Cannabis Cooking Oil is an essential ingredient in many medicated foods and is found in the kitchens of serious cannabis chefs.We can infuse THC in oil because it’s fat soluble and all cooking oils are 100% fat. Making a potent cannabis cooking oil is fairly easy, simply stay at the correct temperature long enough for the THC to transfer to the fat.
What is Cannabis Cooking Oil?
Cannabis cooking oil is a great way to incorporate cannabis into your favorite recipes. By using cannabis cooking oil instead of traditional butter, cannabis infused dishes can be quickly and easily made without the familiar aroma of cannabis.
This allows for subtle cannabis consumption in recipes such as cakes, brownies, mashed potatoes, and many other things. Cannabis cooking oil has become an increasingly popular way for cannabis users to get their daily dose without sacrificing flavor or having to hand roll a joint.
Recommended Cannabis Cooking Oil
When choosing an oil I always buy the best. Iliada Extra Virgin Olive Oil is my go to oil for its delightful aroma and grassy taste that seems to blend perfectly with the taste of weed. I use it in my brownies, pasta, and salads and I always add extra.
How to Make Cannabis Cooking Oil
Cannabis Cooking Oil Tools
You don’t need the fanciest tools, like the magical butter machine, to make the best cannabis cooking oil. Everything you can find everything at your local cooking store or you can then online and save some money.
- Candy Thermometer
- Strainer / Straining Funnel
- Pot or Double Boiler
- Storage Container / Canning Jar
Cannabis Cooking Oil Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups Oil
- 1 oz Cannabis
Cannabis Cooking Oil Recipe Instructions
- Pour the oil into a pot or a double boiler.
- Heat on the stove to 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slowly add the cannabis to the oil while stirring.
- Simmer at 240 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove oil from the heat and let cool.
- Put cheesecloth inside your strainer and strain out the cannabis. Simultaneously, pouring the oil into an air tight storage container like a canning jar.
- Squeeze out the cheesecloth getting every last drop of the oil out of the cannabis.
- Store your cannabis cooking oil in an air tight container for up to 2 months in the fridge.
Always keep the temperature under 250 degrees. If the temperature reaches above 250 degrees you’ll begin to burn off THC and lose potency.
Using a double boiler will make it easier to control the temperature.
Where Can You Buy Cannabis Cooking Oil?
If you’re looking to explore cannabis cooking oil as a culinary option, there are plenty of choices at your disposal. With the cannabis movement continuing to build traction across many states, cannabis cooking oil is becoming increasingly more accessible. You can find cannabis cooking oil in health food stores, cannabis dispensaries and other retailers throughout the country. Be sure to read labels carefully to purchase cannabis cooking oil with just the right potency for your needs.
How much oil for 1 oz of Cannabis?