How to Pack a Cone
When it comes to smoking cannabis, there are many different ways to enjoy it. You can smoke a joint, vape, or eat edibles. But another option is to pack and roll a cone. This is a great way to enjoy your weed, and it’s also very easy to do! We’re going to teach you how to pack a cone like a pro. We will also teach you about the tools that can make this easier and any steps to avoid mishaps while packing your cone.
If you’re new to rolling joints or smoking weed, packing a cone might be your best and easiest way to consume other than buying a pre-roll. When you buy cones, they are already rolled into the shape you want and secured so you don’t have to do any of the actual rolling. This eliminates the toughest step in rolling while still giving you the same finished product. Raw and Zig Zag both sell pre-roll cones along with a bunch of other companies.
Packing a cone is very similar to packing a joint. If you’re new to packing cones, the process can seem a bit daunting. However, it’s actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. This is the same process for Raw Cones and Zig Zag Cones.
Quick Guide on How to Pack a Cone:
- Grind your weed
- Fill your cone with weed
- Twist or flatten top of cone to close
- Light your joint
6 Step Guide to Pack a Cone:
- The first step is to grind your weed. You can use a grinder, or you can do it by hand. Once your weed is ground, it’s time to start packing the cone. We suggest using a grinder, the herb will be more consistent in size and smoke smoother if you use a grinder. One of these grinders will come in handy for you. If you don’t have a grinder, you can use your hands to grind up the weed.
- Start with a clean, dry cone. If your cone is wet or sticky, it will be more difficult to work with. If your cone is too wet it will simply not smoke and may ruin your herb.
- Fill the cone with the grinded weed. If you’re rolling a cone with kief, make sure to add the kief as you add your weed so it gets added evenly. If you just put the kief on top, the first part of the joint may be harsher than the rest.
- Gently pack the weed down as you go, but don’t compact it too much. You want air to be able to flow through the cone, but you don’t want large air gaps where the cone will burn unevenly. It’s much easier to use a pen or another tool to pack your herb down. Using your finger can sometimes cause your cone to rip. Some common weed packing tools include a pen, keys, or shoelace.
- Once the cone is full, use your finger to create a small indentation in the center of the weed. This will help ensure an even burn. Simply pinch the top of the cone and flatten so that when you light it the entire end will light. You can also use the twist technique. To do so, simply grab the end of the joint and twist until it is tightly secured so no weed will fall out.
- Light the weed and enjoy! Make sure to light the entire end so you get a smooth burn. You don’t want your joint to “airplane” or burn unevenly. This will cause you to lose herb or continue to relight.
Now that you know how to pack a cone it’s time to show off your new skill. Next time you’re out at a party or smoking with friends you can help pack cones for people. Your next step might be to learn how to roll a blunt or to learn how to roll a dutch master blunt. This way you aren’t reliant on someone bringing or rolling a cone for you. Rolling a blunt looks tough at first, but some simple tips can have you rolling blunts in no time.